1/1 Photo of Creamy Mushroom Sauce/Gravy
One of my favorite mushroom sauce recipes! This is good even without the Parmesan, if you like a cheesy sauce then, also 3 minced garlic cloves may be added with the mushrooms --- I most always use this sauce with my Chicken Wellington (Puff Pastry-Wrapped Chicken) though it's great with anything :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or 2 1/2 cups broth
- 1/2 cup white wine (or use 3 cups chicken stock instead of the wine)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (or to taste) (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute the mushrooms in a couple tablespoon butter until they loose their moisture and are just beginning to brown (about 10-12 minutes) set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan cook the butter and flour over medium-high heat, whisking constantly until the mixture turns a light golden color (about 6-7 minutes).
- 3Whisk in the stock and wine, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- 4Lower heat and simmer for about 12-15 minutes.
- 5Add in the cream, and Parmesan cheese (if using) whisk until combined, then add in sauteed mushrooms; simmer for additional 5-7 minutes, or until the sauce coats the back of the spoon.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushroom Sauce/Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.8
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 434.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 7.9 g