Top Review by Sharon123
This sauce is delicious! I loved the taste of the sherry and the mushrooms! I went to get my half and half and it had soured so I substituted evaporated milk and a tbls. of sour cream. It turned out beautifully! Thanks CountryLady! I used this over brown rice.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onions for 3- 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add mushrooms; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10- 15 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in half& half and sherry and cook for another 2 minutes- just to warm.