Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and quick recipe for mushroom sauce. We enjoy this with grilled chicken breast and homemade dumplings. It would go great also with pasta or rice.
- 150 g white mushrooms, sliced thinly (about 10)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube, Knorr
- salt, to taste
- In a large skillet heat oil and cook onion on medium heat until transparent. Add sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until soft about 4 minutes. Set a side.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter add flour and cook until start to change in color. Add water, heavy cream and whisk well to prevent lumps.
- Add vegetable cube bujon and bring it to the boil.
- Add mushrooms.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper if need it.
- You can also use milk instead heavy cream and water.
Made this as written and had some leftover for the next meal.I had some stewed yellow delicious apples (which didn't have any sugar added) I drained the liquid, pureed them and added to the leftover sauce. Apples and onions do go together. I heated, added a little more salt and pepper and served with fetticine noodles. There was a lot of guessing but no one figured it out. Thanks.