Recipe by Manda
My family loves this different twist on regular meatloaf. It's also a great way to sneak in a few veggies for picky-eaters or veggie-haters. I serve with mashed potatoes and a cooked veggie or salad on the side.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 7 ounces cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dash salt and black pepper
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 2 (17 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, plus 1 1/2 soup cans of water
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam or boil onion, celery, and carrot until tender, then drain.
- Combine all meatloaf ingredients well, and form into loaf.
- Bake 1 hour, then remove grease from pan.
- Combine gravy ingredients, and pour over meatloaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with gravy spooned over top of meatloaf.