Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From newest book. Haven't tried.
Make and share this Creamy Mushroom Leek Soup (South Beach Diet Phase 2) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks, garlic, thyme and salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in flour, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, and chicken broth, and bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return soup to pan, add sour cream and stir to combine. Return to a simmer and adjust seasonings. Serve hot.