Recipe by krimar1
I'v motified it from a freinds recipe. I love garlic anything. And i love Onion soup. this combines the 2 great soups. This is for the Garlic Onion Lovers.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, chopped. Dry mushrooms if canned
- 44.37 ml butter
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml minced garlic clove (More if you Dare )
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 1892.72 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml sherry wine
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 946.36 ml bread, in small pieces. Add more if you want it creamier
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté chopped mushrooms in olive oil over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir as little as possible so that they brown, not steam.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, sherry, thyme, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add the bread pieces, stir well, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Add the reserved mushrooms and heat through.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until the bread has dissolved and the soup is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.