I'v motified it from a freinds recipe. I love garlic anything. And i love Onion soup. this combines the 2 great soups. This is for the Garlic Onion Lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped. Dry mushrooms if canned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced garlic clove (More if you Dare )
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups bread, in small pieces. Add more if you want it creamier
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Sauté chopped mushrooms in olive oil over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Stir as little as possible so that they brown, not steam.
- 3Remove from pan and set aside.
- 4Melt butter over medium-low heat.
- 5Add onions and garlic.
- 6Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 8Add the broth, sherry, thyme, bay leaf, and cayenne pepper.
- 9Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 10Lower heat and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 11Add the bread pieces, stir well, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 12Discard the bay leaf.
- 13Add the reserved mushrooms and heat through.
- 14Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until the bread has dissolved and the soup is smooth.
- 15Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushroom Garlic Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 907.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g