Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my comfort foods, and I unfortunately don't make it often enough. This can easily be doubled if you're feeding more than 2 people.
- 2 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; set aside.
- In an ungreased 8-inch baking dish, combine soup, rice, milk, and seasonings; mix well.
- Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes more.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Good comfort food. Since it was a bagillion degrees out, I cooked this on the stove on medium for about 40 minutes. Very tender pork, and tasty rice. Thanks!