Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a delicious sauce to serve over pasta or with rice. Recipe found on the internet.
Make and share this Creamy Mushroom Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat, add packages of salad dressing and mix.
- Stir in the soup and wine, then blend in cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Add mushrooms and heat through.
- Add a thin layer of sauce in a greased casserole and place chicken breasts over sauce.
- Pour rest of sauce over chicken and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
I halved the recipe, and it was good to me. I even used low-fat or fat free ingredients. I did not serve over rice or pasta, but served with sauted potatoes and steamed broccoli. I thought the sauce was very tasty.
This was a good recipe...but the cream cheese taste was very strong. Next time I make this, I'll only use half of the cream cheese. I didn't have any pasta or rice to serve this over, but will make sure I do in the future as the sauce was pretty much wasted.