Prep 14 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
An elegant, easy to make and entree for when unexpected guests arrive for dinner!
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, boned
- 2 1⁄4 ounces dried beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Rinse beef slices and pat dry. Wrap around checken breasts and place in a prepared 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix together well the soup, mushrooms and sherry. Pour evenly over chicken.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for one hour.
- Remove cover and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Return to oven for about 15 minutes, until almonds are toasted.
Definitely easy and low fat with an elegant touch. We liked this, and loved the aroma it filled the house with. I wish it had been creamier, but the soup and sherry mixture turned fairly watery from the chicken while baking. Very nice flavors! Thanks Wineaux... Tagged for Zaar Alphabet Soup tag.