Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from a bi-monthly foodie magazine published in town and this was from the head chef at an amazing restaurant in Calgary called Brava Bistro. So decadent and delicious! Good, because you can prepare the mushrooms and the cream ahead of time and then just assemble quickly when your guest are there!
- 2 cups button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, vinagrette (recipe follows)
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil, not extra virgin
- Heat pan with butter and oil and saute mushrooms until golden brown, then cool and chop.
- Meanwhile, put cream in a small saucepan and reduce until it is 2 tablespoons.
- Combine the mushrooms, shallots, chives, pine nuts, and cream and stir over medium heat until warmed through. Stir in the vinagrette and serve on toasted baguette slices.
- Whisk together vinegar and mustard then slowly incorporate the olive oil until emulsified, then add salt to taste.
- The recipe only calls for 2 tbsp of it, but it's really good salad dressing.