This is from a bi-monthly foodie magazine published in town and this was from the head chef at an amazing restaurant in Calgary called Brava Bistro. So decadent and delicious! Good, because you can prepare the mushrooms and the cream ahead of time and then just assemble quickly when your guest are there!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, vinagrette (recipe follows)
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1Heat pan with butter and oil and saute mushrooms until golden brown, then cool and chop.
- 2Meanwhile, put cream in a small saucepan and reduce until it is 2 tablespoons.
- 3Combine the mushrooms, shallots, chives, pine nuts, and cream and stir over medium heat until warmed through. Stir in the vinagrette and serve on toasted baguette slices.
- 5Whisk together vinegar and mustard then slowly incorporate the olive oil until emulsified, then add salt to taste.
- 6The recipe only calls for 2 tbsp of it, but it's really good salad dressing.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 475.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: