Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is another soup to enjoy on those long cold winter nights.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced potatoes, drained or 1 cup instant rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Brown the beef in a large pot until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in with the beef. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note: If using instant rice you made need to put in an additional cup of water.
This is a great tasting quick fix soup that is hearty enough to take on the chill of Fall and Winter. I used fresh Yukon Golds and skipped the cheeses. The soup and a big whole wheat biscuit made a very filling dinner that even DH liked. Be sure to keep an eye on the pot because it will scorch if you don't. I caught it just in time twice. Made for Photo Tag.