Recipe by jonesies
Taken from the Campbell's web site a few years back. Haven't tried it yet, but it's real simple and it's just doctoring up their canned soup to make it more homemade.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup barley, cooked
- 1 (26 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and onion and cook until tender.
- Add barley and cook until lightly browned.
- Add soup, water, thyme and pepper.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 40 minutes or until barley is done.
- Garnish with parsley.