Recipe by Hey Jude
I serve this sauce over breaded chicken, pork or veal cutlets. From Southern Living, 12/05
Top Review by Serah B.
So delicious and easy to throw together! We used vegetable broth rather than chicken, and served over egg noodles. We also added black olives. It made for a very delicious vegetarian dish, which we served to our meat-and-potato relatives. It was a hit! UPDATE: I just made a vegan version by substituting vegan margarine for the butter, vegetable broth for the chicken, and Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese for the cream cheese. It turned out beautifully! Absolutely scrumptious! We served it over rice. This will be a regular in our house.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and saute 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken broth and cream cheese and cook, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes or until cream cheese melts. Stir in artichoke hearts, lemon juice and red pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes or until mixture is hot.