I'm trying to develop recipes that suit the Atkins Diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1Season chicken well with salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and basil.
- 2Brown and cook the chicken breasts in oil on both sides until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through. Place the cooked chicken in a serving dish with high sides (to catch the sauce).
- 3In the same skillet, saute the onions, garlic and fresh mushrooms until onions are soft (about 4-5 minutes).
- 4Add broccoli florets, cream and mustard and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and cream sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 5Pour the sauce over chicken in serving dish.
- 6Sprinkle with minced, fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushroom and Broccoli Chicken (Atkins-Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.9
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 345.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 39.5 g