Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm trying to develop recipes that suit the Atkins Diet.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Season chicken well with salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and basil.
- Brown and cook the chicken breasts in oil on both sides until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through. Place the cooked chicken in a serving dish with high sides (to catch the sauce).
- In the same skillet, saute the onions, garlic and fresh mushrooms until onions are soft (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add broccoli florets, cream and mustard and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and cream sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the sauce over chicken in serving dish.
- Sprinkle with minced, fresh parsley.
I absolutely loved this recipe. My husband is trying the Atkins diet and I found this while trying to figure out what to make for dinner. It was so good that it's going to be added as a regular dinner in our house.
My fiance and I have been on the atkins diet for almost the entire year. Thank you for this great idea. I did do a few things differently, but i used the same idea and it turned out great! I used chicken thighs and seasoned them more with. Since the thighs had bones in them I moved them over to a baking dish and poured the sauce on top and baked it for about 25 mins. It was fantastic. I also didn't measure the dijon just put a fair amount in. The taste of the dijon was what really made this fantastic!
This smelled great while cooking but ended up tasting very bland. I loved the fresh mushrooms, broccoli, and the presentation was nice, but the taste was just not there. I didn't change a thing.