Recipe by Buster's friend
As a respite from The Turkey, this lovely almost-vegetarian recipe found on a wonderful blog, Poppyseeds & Tiger Lilies, http://poppyseedsandtigerlilies.blogspot.com/2009/11/magazine-mondays-creamy-mushroom-and.html , sure hit the spot. The author notes this is a recipe she adapted from volume 38 of Donna Hay magazine. Both the dish & the blog are worth checking out. I am posting so I misplace neither. Can be made really vegetarian with vegetable stock in place of the beef stock. Serve with your favorite sauteed green or simple green salad for a full meal.
- 226.79 g egg noodles, wide ones
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 226.79 g button mushroom, sliced
- 30 sage leaves, fresh medium
- 236.59 ml slivered almonds
- 118.29 ml medium-dry sherry
- 236.59 ml beef stock (vegetable stock for vegetarian)
- 118.29 ml light cream
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly-ground, to taste
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions (about 8 minutes).
- While the pasta cooks, saute mushrooms in olive oil until lightly browned.
- Add the sage leaves, almonds and garlic and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add sherry, stock, cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta to the pan. Mix together, cover with shredded Parmesan and serve.