1/1 Photo of Creamy Mushroom and Almond Pasta
Buster's friend's Note:
As a respite from The Turkey, this lovely almost-vegetarian recipe found on a wonderful blog, Poppyseeds & Tiger Lilies, http://poppyseedsandtigerlilies.blogspot.com/2009/11/magazine-mondays-creamy-mushroom-and.html , sure hit the spot. The author notes this is a recipe she adapted from volume 38 of Donna Hay magazine. Both the dish & the blog are worth checking out. I am posting so I misplace neither. Can be made really vegetarian with vegetable stock in place of the beef stock. Serve with your favorite sauteed green or simple green salad for a full meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces egg noodles, wide ones
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 30 sage leaves, fresh medium
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1 cup beef stock (vegetable stock for vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly-ground, to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions (about 8 minutes).
- 2While the pasta cooks, saute mushrooms in olive oil until lightly browned.
- 3Add the sage leaves, almonds and garlic and cook about 2 minutes.
- 4Add sherry, stock, cream, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
- 6Add the cooked, drained pasta to the pan. Mix together, cover with shredded Parmesan and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushroom and Almond Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.8
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 607.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: