Recipe by Lainey6605
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. It is a rich and delicious pasta dish.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written except I used hormel bacon pieces. I also didn't add parsley and green onions as we don't like them. I also used fresh mushrooms as hubby prefers them if I have them. We used it as a side dish. It was something different.
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cut up
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars whole mushrooms, drained (I like to use fresh mushrooms, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta, uncooked (1/2 of a 1 pound package)
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 -8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove from fat and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to bacon fat. Cook until golden; drain; set aside.
- Prepare mostaccioli according to package directions; drain.
- In same saucepan, combine half-and-half, butter, parsley flakes, salt, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- Heat just until butter melts, stirring frequently.
- Combine bacon, mushrooms, hot mostaccioli, half-and-half mixture and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat.
- Place on warm serving platter; garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately; refrigerate leftovers.