Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A real Kid Pleaser....but pleases the "kid" in adults too!! Prep time does not include freezing time.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant malted milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch and malted milk powder in medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in milk and cream.
- Cook whisking constantly, over low heat until thickened, 8 minutes.
- Stir in coffee powder.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming.
- Pour into popscicle molds and insert sticks.
- Freeze until completely solid, several hours or overnight.
- Microwave Instructions: Combine cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch and malted milk powder in microwave-safe 8-cup measure.
- Gradually stir in milk and cream; mix well.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 100% power 4 minutes.
- Whisk to mix well.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 100% power 3 1/2 to 4 minutes longer to a full boil.
- Add coffee powder; whisk well.
- Cover and cool.
- Pour into molds and freeze as above.