Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful creamy mocha frozen dessert for the summer or anytime. Grated chocolate may be sprinkled on top along with the chopped pecans.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed cream-filled Oreo cookies (measure after crushing)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate flavored syrup (I use Hershey's and also homemade)
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfrozen Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the coffee granules in hot water; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the coffee mixture, sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate syrup; mix to combine.
- FOLD (do not beat) in the thawed whipped topping.
- Spread over the crust in pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top.
This is SOOOO GOOD! I had gotten this recipe in 1993 from a friend and made it long ago, then didn't make again till recently and am making it again. Fortunately for me, Kittencal had posted it so after I misplaced my tattered copy, I didn't have to clean 3300 square feet of house to find it before I could make it again. Mine called for all the pecans to be mixed with the cookie crumbs and butter, then a portion of the entire mixture is saved for topping. I also toast my pecans a bit before mixing the crust. Some other changes are that I brew a tiny bit of extreme espresso instead of using instant coffee, and I whip 1/2 pint of heavy cream instead of using cool-whip. I use Mrs. Richardson's Hot Fudge Topping for the chocolate. This is so easy and delicious, I cant believe it took me 15 years to make it again. And in my ever-so-humble opinion, you can always count on Kittencal for a winner! Thanks!