Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A wonderful creamy mocha frozen dessert for the summer or anytime. Grated chocolate may be sprinkled on top along with the chopped pecans.
Top Review by Soup Queen
This is SOOOO GOOD! I had gotten this recipe in 1993 from a friend and made it long ago, then didn't make again till recently and am making it again. Fortunately for me, Kittencal had posted it so after I misplaced my tattered copy, I didn't have to clean 3300 square feet of house to find it before I could make it again. Mine called for all the pecans to be mixed with the cookie crumbs and butter, then a portion of the entire mixture is saved for topping. I also toast my pecans a bit before mixing the crust. Some other changes are that I brew a tiny bit of extreme espresso instead of using instant coffee, and I whip 1/2 pint of heavy cream instead of using cool-whip. I use Mrs. Richardson's Hot Fudge Topping for the chocolate. This is so easy and delicious, I cant believe it took me 15 years to make it again. And in my ever-so-humble opinion, you can always count on Kittencal for a winner! Thanks!
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed cream-filled Oreo cookies (measure after crushing)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate flavored syrup (I use Hershey's and also homemade)
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonfrozen Cool Whip Topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the coffee granules in hot water; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup chopped pecans and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the coffee mixture, sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate syrup; mix to combine.
- FOLD (do not beat) in the thawed whipped topping.
- Spread over the crust in pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top.