Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my cookbook "Baker's Illustrated" Goes well with the chocolate cake recipe from this same cookbook. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 10 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Cut the 8 tablespoons of butter into 8 pieces.
- Heat the cream, salt, and corn syrup in a microwave-safe measuring cup on high until simmering, about 1 minute, or bring to a simmer in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Put the chocolate in a food processer.
- With the machine running, gradually add the hot cream mixture through the feed tube.
- Let process for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine.
- Add the powdered sugar and process for about 30 seconds or until combined.
- With the machine running, add the butter 1 piece at a time.
- Process until the butter is combined and the mixture is smooth, about 20 seconds longer.
- Transfer the frosting to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature, stirring frequently, until thick and spreadable, about 1 hour.