Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes enough frosting to frost the top a 13 x 9-inch cake or smaller
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream (more if needed)
- Place 1/2 cup softened butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the cocoa powder, 2 cups icing sugar and 3 tablespoons whipped cream; start beating with an electric mixer add in more whipped cream as needed to create desired texture.
- Beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
Absolutely fabulous tasting recipe! I made a triple decker cake with it and it didn't hold it together very well, but I probably should've used something denser for heavy layers. Still wonderful and I will make it again.
Great creamy frosting. Easy to make and easy to eat. Not too overpowering, just right. Great recipe for a great cake.
This is the smoothest, creamiest frosting I've ever put on a cake! It's not just butter cream, it's butter creamiest! I made an 8" double layer yellow cake, and frosted it with this frosting. I took it to my neighbor who was having company so she wouldn't have to bother with dessert. Everyone loved it she said. I'd snitched a taste from the beaters!lol It's by far my go to choc. frosting now. Thanks Kitten, for another keeper!