Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
For a lighter milk chocolate flavor use 3 tablespoons cocoa, increase to 4 tablespoons for a darker flavor, this is very good!
- 88.74 ml sugar
- 44.37-59.16 ml unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 59.16 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml salt
- 414.03 ml milk
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream (or use 2-3/4 cups milk)
- In a saucepan combine the first 4 dry ingredients.
- Add in milk and half and half cream; cook over medium heat stirring/whisking until thickened and just at a slight bubble (do not boil hard) remove from heat.
- Immediately pour into serving dishes allow to sit at room temperature until cooled.
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate until cold.
I made this pudding earlier today, and it is absolutely wonderful. Most pudding recipes I have tried in the past call for flour rather than corn starch... and no cream. Perhaps those changes are what make this recipe so creamy. This has a texture similar to mix puddings, but with that wonderful home made taste. Thanks for another great recipe!
Om my this is chocolate heaven in a bowl, Kitten this is the Cadillac of chocolate puddings. try this warm with whipped cream on top... to die for, yep another top recipe by the Zaar queen, keep em coming Kitten!
There is no better dessert for me than pudding! I hate to spend money on the boxed stuff, but up until now, I was never able to find a homemade that was as creamy. This is it! The only change I made was to substitute Splenda for half of the sugar, and I used lactose free milk - Still DELICIOUS! I'm so happy to have this recipe! I know this is a recipe I will be using for years to come! Thanks for another winner Kitt! Made for Newest Zaar Tag