Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top for a nice touch.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces packages vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice, I use leftover rice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Place all ingredients in 1qt microwave bowl.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 7-9 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
- Pudding should come to a boil.
- After pudding has boiled, remove and stir well.
- Cover and let set for 10 minutes.
Super quick! i used instant sf/ff pudding, as it was all i had on hand. only change was i didn't need to cook. Delicious, it really hit the spot!
Lovely recipe -- I've been looking for a lower-calorie rice pudding recipe for a while, and this fits the bill! I used sugar-free pudding, Splenda, and soymilk. I left out the raisins due to personal preference. I used half a cup of Birdseye Steamfresh brown rice. I'm not really sure why, but I got four rather skimpy 1/3 - cup servings. I microwaved it for 8 minutes, stopping every two minutes or so to stir. Aside from it being VERY sticky, it is a wonderful treat. Thanks for posting!