Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
From "Rush Hour Recipes". Nice and easy in the microwave.
Top Review by Michael Weston
I'm not a mac and cheese fan, and I thought this recepie tasted very good, and was quite easy to make. The breadcrumbs are a fantastic addition! I added some cooked, shredded chicken breast to the mac and cheese to make it a full meal, and it is also very good.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, boil water. Add macaroni and cook 8 minutes; drain.
- In a glass or microwave safe dish, melt butter for 30 seconds. Blend in flour and salt.
- Stir in milk until smooth.
- Microwave 2 minutes, stirring with a fork after 1 minute, until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until completely melted.
- Pour well drained macaroni into cheese sauce, mixing well.
- Microwave at medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle top with bread crumbs before serving.