Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a basic cheesecake without all the fuss. My mother doesn't care for graham crackers so we used a shortbread crust which was fantastic.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (graham or shortbread)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pie filling (optional)
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Put the prepared pie crust in a glass pie dish.
- Pour mixture into crust and place in microwave.
- Cook on medium-high power for 8-10 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Top with your favorite topping.
Great dessert without heating up the kitchen!! This is how I make cheesecake during the hot summer months too! For anyone making their own graham crust, use 1/3 C melted butter, 1/4 C sugar and 1 1/4 C graham crumbs and press into glass pie plate. Microwave the crust on high for 2 min. and allow to cool briefly. I sometimes top with fresh berries and a glaze. Try this one, you will love it. Thx for posting Beth!