Recipe by NorthwestGal
I don't recall the history of this salsa recipe. But it's one of those childhood moments in which I have specific memories of this spread or dip always being included on the buffet table at the parties my mom and dad hosted in our home. There was never any left, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It's great with tortilla chips, dry crackers (especially a zesty herb cracker), fresh vegetables and deli snack breads.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Nice and creamy dip. I sometimes mix sour cream and salsa for a little change on nachos, but the addition of the cheddar cheese and avocado makes this so much better. I did add a little extra salsa so it would better hide the avocado color, DH does NOT like avocados but he ate this! Made for ZWT8.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl, mixall of the ingredients together until the mixture is smooth and the ingredients are well blended.
- Cover the bowl, and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with crisp tortilla chips, dry herbed crackers, fresh sliced vegetables, or an assortment of deli snack breads.