Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A flavor packed cream cheese crab dip that is lower in fat and calories than most, and cooks in the microwave in minutes! A good appetizer for unexpected guests or when you are craving a yummy snack. Recipe modified from CL.
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (spicy salsa is best)
- Place cheeses in a microwave-safe bowl, and cover with wax paper. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 2 to 3 minutes or until softened (in my microwave it takes about 6 minutes so check and stir every minute or so), stirring with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Drain crabmeat through a sieve into a bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. Add reserved liquid, crabmeat, and salsa to cheese; stir well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with baked tortilla chips, raw vegetables, or breadsticks.
Not very good. Fat free is not the way to go here. Will not make again.
I love this dip! I took this to our Cinco de Mayo potluck at school and two of our teachers were scraping the bowl clean with tortilla chips by the end of lunch. :) Thanks for sharing this great dip recipe, BerrySweet!