Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you roasted a chicken for Sunday dinner, and have leftover meat, here's Monday night's dinner! Ole!
- 2 -3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 can black beans, drained,rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the onion until it is translucent.
- Stir in the chicken and the flour.
- Cook, stirring until the flour cannot be seen.
- Stir in chilies, taco seasoning, sour cream, beans and corn, and continue to stir until the mixture boils.
- Place mixture into a 9x13-inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- Mix 1/2 cheese with the tortilla chips and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 350 oven about 25 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Super good, super easy and super fast! I used frozen corn and used the empty bean can to measure the corn with. I also doubled everything and put it in the 9x13-inch pan and it came out piping hot. I told the family we'd eat the rest the first of the week. I almost had to bet them off so they'd not devour the whole casserole! HONEST!! Thanks Mark this is really a great recipe!
I made this for Sunday night small group and they loved it! I think this would be good as an enchilda casserole as well. I would use some of the mixture to put over the top and finish it off with the Mexican shredded cheese. Also, I used the Lime flavored tortilla's as my topping which I think added another layer of flavor to this dish. Thanks!
Made this for dinner tonight, exactly as the recipe said (except that I cooked the chicken in the crock pot while I was at work). It was excellent, great flavor, and oh so easy to make. Will definitely add this to my regular menu items.