Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple and tasty side dish for a Mexican meal. From Pillsbury Quick & Easy Bake-Off. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
- 9.85 ml butter
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 623.68 g Mexican-style corn, drained
- 127.57 g green chilies, chopped and drained
- 4.92 ml honey
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 85.04 g cream cheese, 1-inch cubes
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, melt 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 1 minute or until tender. Add corn and chiles; cook 2-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. stirring occasionally.
- Stir in honey. Add sour cream and cream cheese; mix well. Cook 2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until light golden brown.
- Spoon corn mixture into serving dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Monterey Jack Cheese.
This makes a nice creamy corn dish. I only made half of the recipe...it turned out fine. I think it would do just as well without the bread crumb topping and I did substitute a sweet white onion for the green, that worked out just fine too, all that was missing is the green color. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag game.
Okay, I'm going to have to text this recipe to my eldest who adores Mexican food. Wait! I don't have texting. Then I'll have to arrange it in a configuration using the g'babes magnetic letters on the fridge. It's so much friendlier anyway. Made for ZWT#8~Mexico/Tex-Mex.
Wow, was this good! My husband and I loved it. I didn't have the green onions so I skipped that part, but will add it next time. I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and full fat sour cream, but next time will try it with light sour cream. I used cheddar cheese and garlic & herb bread crumbs. I broiled the top a bit to melt the cheese and crisp the bread crumbs a little more. I will be making this again & again, it's a MUST TRY!! Thanks lazyme!