A simple and tasty side dish for a Mexican meal. From Pillsbury Quick & Easy Bake-Off. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 22 ounces Mexican-style corn, drained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, chopped and drained
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In large skillet, melt 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 1 minute or until tender. Add corn and chiles; cook 2-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. stirring occasionally.
- Stir in honey. Add sour cream and cream cheese; mix well. Cook 2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until light golden brown.
- Spoon corn mixture into serving dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Monterey Jack Cheese.