Recipe by yooper
Haven't made this one yet. The recipe does not specify the size or number of meatballs, so I'm estimating this makes about 40. Looks delicious!
Top Review by Jim Steinmetz
Excellent! Not being a "cook" I don't have a clue when it comes to spices, but you've made me an expert with the spices in this delicious recipe. I put the meatballs on pasta, potatoes and on rice and all were great. Thanks for the recipe.....from a fellow Yupper.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in half the butter until golden brown.
- Put the onion in the crock pot.
- Mix together the beef, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Form into meatballs, and brown in the same pan the onions were cooked inches.
- Sprinkle on a mixture made of the flour, tarragon and marjoram.
- Shake the fry pan to turn the meatballs and coat them with the flour mixture.
- Put into the crock pot.
- Mix together the tomato paste, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and the vinegar in the fry pan, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour over meatballs.
- cover and cook on LOW 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Melt remaining butter and saute the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms and the sour cream to the meatballs and heat through.