Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mother's recipe and a family favorite.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 2⁄3 cups eveaporated milk
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Boil noodles in salted water and drain.
- Mix beef, breadcrumbs, onions, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic and 2/3 cup evaporated milk.
- Shape into balls and brown in a large skillet.
- Drain mushrooms, saving liquid.
- Push meatballs to side of skillet and add mushrooms to brown.
- Add enough water to mushroom liquid to make 1/2 cup. Pour this and tomato sauce over meatballs. bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add flour, stirring constantly until blended.
- Add remaining garlic, salt and pepper, 1 cup evaporated milk, water and Worcestershire sauce, stirring constantly. Return to low heat and cook until thickened.
- Serve over noodles.