Creamy Matchstick Carrots
- Top and tail the carrots wash, scrape and dry. Cut the carrots into matchstick strips.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan over a medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and cook until a golden colour. Add the carrots and stir well.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 125ml hot water, add to the pan with the bay leaf.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove bay leaf and stir in the cream just before serving.
- Garnish with extra bay leafs if desired.
- For Vegetarian use Vegetable broth.