1/7 Photos of Creamy Matchstick Carrots
A really yummy and creamy side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Top and tail the carrots wash, scrape and dry. Cut the carrots into matchstick strips.
- 2Heat the butter in a deep pan over a medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and cook until a golden colour. Add the carrots and stir well.
- 3Dissolve the stock cube in 125ml hot water, add to the pan with the bay leaf.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, stirring frequently.
- 5Season with salt and pepper, remove bay leaf and stir in the cream just before serving.
- 6Garnish with extra bay leafs if desired.
- 7For Vegetarian use Vegetable broth.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Matchstick Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 598.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g