Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A really yummy and creamy side dish.
Make and share this Creamy Matchstick Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- Top and tail the carrots wash, scrape and dry. Cut the carrots into matchstick strips.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan over a medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and cook until a golden colour. Add the carrots and stir well.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 125ml hot water, add to the pan with the bay leaf.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove bay leaf and stir in the cream just before serving.
- Garnish with extra bay leafs if desired.
- For Vegetarian use Vegetable broth.
Very good and easy to make. I love finding new ways to make veggies. I followed the recipe as written other then I bought a bag of shredded carrots so I didn't have to do the work LOL. We all enjoyed them.
I really enjoyed these carrots. The bay leaf was a wonderful addition, and not something I'd ever added to carrots before. I used some turkey stock (from the Thanksgiving turkey) instead of using water and a bouillon cube. Otherwise I made as posted. I did have to add a bit more water to get my carrots tender, but that could be my stove....its a bit eccentric. Thanks for sharing! Made for the Aussie Reunion game.
These carrots were absolutely delicious! I left out the onions as I don't care for them, and used regular milk instead of cream. The bay leaf added a nice flavor and I loved the creaminess of the coating on the carrots. Great recipe - thanks for sharing it! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by AZPARZYCH)