Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The yam stuck in there adds a bit of fiber while the potatoes make it more kid-friendly! Note: The prep time is just a guesstimate.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb yams or 1⁄2 lb sweet potato
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half, plus
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil the potatoes and yams in a large pot, chop them, and mash. You may peel them if desired, though that puts down the fiber content.
- Add butter, milk, and half and half.
- Stip well and enjoy!
AWESOME recipe! The prep is perfect for a quick side dish and the yams really added something to the flavor. My family LOVED this one.