Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Cooking Light. It tastes heavenly, and we can still indulge! The recipe says it's enough for 10, but it just managed to serve my family of 6 (we LOVE this stuff).
- 3 lbs peeled yukon gold potatoes, , quartered
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup light cream cheese with chives and onions
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Return potatoes to pan; add the milk and salt.
- Mash the potato mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Add the cheese, and stir just until blended.
Very easy recipe! My husband said it is as good as what you get in a restaurant. He thought they were delicious. I thought they were good as well.
Great recipe! So very quick and easy! Like, you I disagree with the amount of servings. Three adults and 2 young children gobbled these potatoes up! Thank you Mirj for another wonderful recipe!
Easy and tasty. Had to use regular light cream cheese without the chives. Next time I'll be sure to try it with the other.