Recipe by Shellbelle
A diabetic friendly recipe from another website. Exchange: 1 bread/starch.
Top Review by bmnchef
This is a great basic mashed potato recipe. I also didn't have butter buds, so I used half olive oil and half butter. Turned out great! I used these potatoes in a casserole similar to shepherd's pie.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters (2 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon morton lite salt, mixture
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (3 tablespoon) package Butter Buds
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peeled potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
- Cover, simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain, but reserve cooking liquid.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add 1/2 cup hot reserved cooking liquid and remaining ingredients.
- Mash until well blended.