Recipe by Stephanie Jones
These potatoes are a hit everytime I make them. I received this recipe from my grandmother who always liked to experiment with ingredients, and these potatoes became a winner. The cream cheese and sour cream give them a smooth taste. This recipe is great for people who like sour cream on their mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Audrey M
I have made my mashed potatoes like this for years. It is a lot creamer than regular mashed potatoes. The only difference is I brown the garlic in the butter before adding it to the mixture to give it more of a garlic taste. Give these a try!!
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and boil potatoes until soft.
- Drain potatoes, and mash.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and minced garlic to potatoes and mix until smooth.
- Grease a 13x9 baking dish and add mashed potatoes.
- Set the 4 pats of butter in various spots on top of potatoes, sprinkle with paparika.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- *(Prep and cook time does not include boiling time of potatoes.).