Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (3 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, optional
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika, optional
- Place potatoes and garlic in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well.
- Place potatoes and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with onions and paprika if desired.
We enjoyed these tasty mashed potatoes. Will make again. Thanks Graybert. Bullwinkle.
These were really great. I liked the idea of chopped green onions. They added the right flavor to the mashed potatoes. Served with my Crockpot Peppery Roast and it was great. Thanks for posting.
I really enjoyed these potatoes!I did use buttermilk instead of milk and added just a bit more than called for. Loved by the whole family! Thanks!