- 1 (5 lb) bag red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large Dutch oven, combine potatoes and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender; drain well.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes to desired consistency.