Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very cream and rich potatoes!
Make and share this Creamy Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (5 lb) bag red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In large Dutch oven, combine potatoes and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender; drain well.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes to desired consistency.
These were very rich mash potatoes, had a nice lovely flavor. Only thing that I didn't like was as they started to cool down they turned very hard and stiff and glue like. So eat them while they are hot!
3 stars from me and 5 from my daughters. I tried it before adding cream cheese and I liked it more without. But it was perfect for my daughter:rich and creamy and full of dairy and calories!