Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
low fat mashed potatoes
Make and share this Creamy Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Cut potatoes into about 2 inch cubes and cover them with water. Put lid on pot and boil until you can cut them easily with a fork, usually about 30 minutes from the time you start cooking.
- Drain potatoes.
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add garlic, potatoes, dill, salt & pepper.
- Blend until potatoes are slightly chunky and butter is melted.
- Add fat free sour cream and skim milk.
- Blend on high until mixture is smooth.
- Serves 5, but usually with leftovers.
What a lovely combination of flavors! I was a bit concerned about the dill, so only added a dash which was perfect. If you don't love garlic like I do, you might want to cut that back to 1 or 2 cloves. Each bite provided a rich, creamy texture that was much more enjoyable than the regular ol' way I've always made mashed taters. MERP'd for My 3 Chefs.