Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "Southern Living" magazine, January 2006. These would great with country fried steak or hamburger steak. Delicious!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (22 ounce) bagfrozen mashed potatoes
- 2 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (more or less to your taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (more or less to your taste)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; add garlic, and saute until tender. Remove from saucepan. Set aside.
- Prepare mashed potatoes in saucepan according to package directions, using 2 1/3 cups milk and stirring with a wire whisk.
- Stir in garlic mixture, salt, and pepper. Let potatoes stand 5 minutes before serving.
- I add some cayenne pepper and a little bit of shredded cheese to the potatoes. It was really good.