We had these delicious and rich mashed potatoes with the Prawns in an Apple Sauternes Broth #118420 at Culinary Communion. Posted with permission.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub and peel the potatoes, then cut them into pieces all approximately of the same size and place them into a large pot.
- 2Cover with cold water, then bring to a boil; slightly reduce heat and gently boil until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3While potatoes are cooking and almost done, in a saucepan combine the half and half, butter, salt, and pepper and simmer until melted and combined; set aside and keep warm.
- 4When potatoes are tender, drain well.
- 5Pass the potatoes through a food mill or mash with a potato masher (do not use an electric mixer).
- 6Gradually add the warm liquid mixture to the milled/mashed potatoes, stirring, until you've added enough liquid to achieve the consistency you prefer (you might not need all the liquid).
- 7Adjust salt and pepper to taste, if necessary, and serve.
- 8Note: this is an excellent basic recipe you can add other tasty ingredients to, such as roasted garlic, crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola, chopped or minced scallions/basil/parsley, caramelized onions or leeks.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.7
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 327.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g