Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For all you potato lovers, this is a killer side dish, a must-try! Prep time includes boiling the potatoes.
- 5 lbs potatoes (about 12-13 potatoes)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (light is okay)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (300 g) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese, to taste
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the poatoes in boiling water until very tender.
- Mash with a potato masher or a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes with the butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 10 cup casserole dish.
- Wash the fresh spinach leaves (if using fresh spinach).
- Place the wet leaves in a microwave-safe dish; cover, and microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, when cool, enough to handle, squeeze out all excess moisture.
- Chop coarsley, and place in a medium-size bowl; stir in the feta cheese and the garlic.
- Stir the spinach mixture into the potatoes.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish (swirling the top slightly to design).
- Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered in the center of the oven at 350 degrees about 40-50 minutes, or until the top is golden.