Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple, but delicious dish to have handy when preparing for company. It can be prepared ahead of time and frozen. Just be sure to thaw before baking.
- 5 lbs potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients except topping mixture in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to blend well.
- Spread into a casserole dish and top with sliced butter; sprinkle paprika over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
This is a great recipe I also added velveeta cheese with this recipe and it was Yummy!
Wonderfully creamy mashed potatoes! I halved the amount of butter in the casserole and it was still creamy and smooth. I loved the garlicky flavor. This recipe is a keeper; thanx for sharing it!