Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Great to bring for potluck or company.
Top Review by DEEP
WOW! During the week I do professional work, but on Saturdays I still do the weekend manager job at a mom 'n pop fast food joint where we also do catering. Today, the owner of the business came back from a catering event with about 20 lbs. of "leftover" mashed potatoes. I brought about 5 lbs. home all the while wondering what the heck I as going to do with that much. I had visions of a weeks worth of latke rip-offs, potato cakes, and, well, whatever I could come up with. Then, viola, here was this review. I tripled the recipe(considering the amount of potatoes I had on hand), and it's an absolute winner! I'll have no trouble finishing off all these mashed potatoes with this recipe all by myself. Thank you for the "original" recipe, and Barenaked Chef thank you for the reveiw, otherwise I don't think I'd have put so many mashed potatoes to good use.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder.
- Spoon half of mixture into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 cup of FF onions and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Top remaining onions and cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes more or until onions are golden and cheese is melted.