Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it's really good. I like to make it for potluck's, and family get togethers. This is also easy to double, but depending on your oven you may need to double baking time. Also prep time depends on the potatoes you use. I used the prep time for instant or leftover potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder in a large bowl; mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture into a 2 quart lightly greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 cup of french fried onions and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Top with remaining potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until hot all the way through.
- Top with remaining onions and cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
We really liked this potato recipe. I added a teaspoon of seasoned salt. I also mixed the cheese and french fried onions in the potatoes and saved a little for the topping. We served them with London Broil. This is definatly different from the average mashed potato recipe.